Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Work-in-progress: my £12 chair goes Marimekko

I originally wanted to wait until I completely finished redoing this chair so I could show you the before and after-shots, but I just can't help myself... I'm too impatient! Here's the in-between-shot instead after I finished reupholstering the seat yesterday with gorgeous Marimekko fabric.

5441366325_e825ca8520_b

Photo
Last weekend I started stripping the wooden frame out in the garden, but it's been pretty wet and snowy the past few days and I'd rather not do this messy job indoors...! I was pleasantly surprised how beautiful the wood turned out once I took off the glossy mahogany coloured varnish. Seems it's a light maple frame with darker teak wooden arm rests. It's gonna be a stunner when I'm done :-)

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment