Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Charity shop finds of the day: a vintage jug and a 19th century beer bottle

It was a terribly stormy day today in Aberdeen! Had a meeting in town first after which I went to see an art exhibition at Peacock Visual Arts' gallery. I got almost blown away by a hurricane hitting the city when I came out...! Luckily there are always a charity shop or two to dive into - for some shelter and some treasure hunting.

Found some lovely treasures indeed.

A beautiful vintage milk or water jug from the 60s or 70s, in super condition. Very nice blue-grey colour. Looking great in my living room already.

I also found a wonderful stone beer bottle from the 19th century, and in perfect condition too. It originally had a cork (before someone drank the beer!). I love text on decorative items and this name and address makes the bottle a bit mysterious...need to do some more googling on Mr C. Welch! If anyone knows who he is (or rather, was), do let me know...

0 comments:

Post a Comment